Brad has been teaching private voice and piano lessons for 25 years, providing instruction to all ages and levels of achievement in an environment that accommodates the individuality of each student. His philosophy is that everyone can make music! And through careful instruction and practice, every student can find their own musical voice and enrich their lives and the lives of those around them.
Brad's instruction embraces all kinds of music ... from the great masters to music written by today's composers. While the curriculum is classically based, students explore all musical genres including classics, jazz, pop, show tunes, blues, and folk music. Instruction is carefully tailored to accommodate each student's particular learning style with parent, student and teacher collaborating to establish individual goals.
Lessons include instruction in theory (especially rhythm), ear-training, technique, and history, with students receiving detailed instruction and direction in how to practice. Very careful attention is paid to assisting students develop their musicality.
- Private voice and piano instructor for 25 years
- Bachelor's of Music Education from University of Kansas, Lawrence and a Master's from Baker University
- Vocal music teacher in Olathe public schools for 10 years
- Instructor in University of Kansas music education department for five years
- Music director at many Kansas City theatres including: New Theatre Restaurant, American Heartland, Unicorn, Coterie, JCCC, The Theatre in the Park, Quality Hill Playhouse, Barn Players, Martin City Melodrama and Chestnut Fine Arts Center
- Owner and executive director of the Chestnut Fine Arts Center, Olathe, Kansas
- Founder and manager of the Dickens Carolers, Kansas City caroling company, for 26 years